LED Lighting PCB Feature And Construction
LED lighting PCB is mainly based on aluminum substrate,The aluminum base circuit board is a unique metal based copper clad plate. It has good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation and machinability.
Characteristics of aluminum base circuit board:
- Surface mounting technology (SMT)
- The thermal diffusion is very effective in the design of the circuit.
- Reduce the operating temperature of the product, improve the power density and reliability of the product, and prolong the service life of the product.
- Reduce the volume of the product and reduce the cost of hardware and assembly.
- Instead of a fragile ceramic substrate, better mechanical durability.
Structure of aluminum based circuit board
Aluminum based copper clad plate is a metal circuit board material consisting of copper foil, thermal insulation layer and metal substrate. Its structure is divided into three layers:
Circult layer: the copper clad plate equivalent to the ordinary PCB. The thickness of the line copper foil is from 1OZ to 10OZ.
Dielectric Layer: the dielectric layer is a layer of low thermal resistance and heat conduction insulating material. Thickness: 0.003 “to 0.006” inches is the core technology of aluminum based copper clad laminate which has obtained UL certification.
Base Layer: It’s a metal substrate, usually aluminum or copper. Aluminum based copper clad plate and traditional epoxy glass cloth laminates and so on.
The circuit layer (copper foil) is usually etched to form a printed circuit, so that all components of the components are interconnected. In general, the circuit layer requires great current carrying capacity. Therefore, thick copper foil should be used and the thickness is from 35 μm~280 μm.The thermal conductive insulating layer is the core technology of aluminum substrate. It is generally made up of special polymers filled with special ceramics. It has small thermal resistance, excellent viscoelasticity and thermal aging resistance, and can withstand mechanical and thermal stresses.King Sun was using this technology of aluminum substrate, so that it has excellent thermal conductivity and high strength electrical insulation performance.The metal base is a supporting member of aluminum substrate, with high thermal conductivity, usually aluminum, can also use copper (copper which can provide better thermal conductivity), suitable for drilling, punching, cutting and other conventional mechanical processing.
Use of aluminum based circuit board
- Audio equipment: input and output amplifier, balance amplifier, audio amplifier, preamplifier, power amplifier and so on.
- Power supply equipment: switch regulator `DC/AC converter `SW adjuster and so on.
- Electronic communications equipment: high frequency amplifier, filter circuit, electrical telegraphy.
- Office automation equipment: motor drives, etc.
- Automobile: electronic regulator, ` igniter ` power controller, etc.
- Computer: CPU board “floppy disk drive” power supply device, etc.
- Power module: converter ` solid relay ‘rectifier bridge, etc.
- Lamps and lanterns: with the promotion and promotion of energy-saving lamps, all kinds of energy-saving LED lamps have been greatly welcomed by the market. The aluminum substrates used for LED lamps have also begun to be widely applied.