What Is Flexible PCB Board?
Flex PCB is Flexible Printed Circuit Board, abbreviated FPC, also known as flexible circuit board, or flexible board.According to the definition of IPC, flexible printed circuit board is a printed circuit designed and manufactured on flexible substrate.
Flexible circuit board is one of the important varieties of PCB.
FPC board is generally range into single layer, double-sided, multilayer layer, Its characteristics are specific:
- Flexible circuit boards are small in size and light in weight.
- Flexible circuit boards can be moved, bent or twisted.
- Flexible circuit board has excellent electrical and dielectric properties and heat resistance.
- The flexible circuit board has high assembly reliability and assembly operation.
- Flexible circuit boards can be installed with three bit connections.
- Flexible circuit boards are favorable for thermal dissipation.
- Low cost.
- Continuity of processing.
The flexible circuit board has the advantages of small size, light weight, greatly reduce the device size, suitable for electronic products to high density, miniaturization, lightweight, thin, high reliable direction. With a high degree of flexibility, free bending, torsion, winding, folding, stereo wiring, in accordance with the requirements of any space layout arrange, change shape, and move and expansion in the three-dimensional space, so as to achieve the integration of assembly and wire connection.
The flexible circuit board has excellent electrical properties, high temperature resistance, flame resistance. Chemical stability, good stability, high reliability. The assembly has higher reliability, which provides convenience for the circuit design, and can greatly reduce the workload of the assembly, and to guarantee the performance of the circuit, so the cost is reduced by using. The method to increase the strength of reinforced material, in order to obtain additional mechanical stability. The design of hardware and software combination also make up the flexible substrate in the component bearing the limitations slightly in a certain extent.
More PCB technology, please visit www.kingsunpcb.com