10 Tips For SMT Processing
SMT is abbreviation of surface mount technology and is currently the most popular technology and process in the electronics assembly industry. Surface Mount Technology (SMT) is called surface mount or surface mount technology. It is a method of mounting a leadless or short lead surface mount component (SMC/SMD for short) on the surface of a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) or other substrate. Reflow soldering or dip soldering and other methods of solder assembly circuit assembly technology.
(1) Simultaneous solder paste placement and plug-in pads;
(2) Stick SMC/SMD;
(3) Insert TMC/TMD;
(4) Reflow soldering.
2. Double panel:
(1) Paste-reflow process, complete welding of double-sided chip components;
(2) Then apply solder paste on the through hole component pad on side B;
(3) Invert the PCB and insert the via hole component;
(4) Third reflow.
Ten tips for SMT Processing
- In general, the temperature specified by SMT processing workshop is 25±3°C;
- When solder paste is printed, the required materials and tools are solder paste, steel plate, scraper, wiping paper, dustless paper, cleaning agent, and mixing knife;
- The commonly used Sn paste alloy composition is Sn/Pb alloy, and the alloy ratio is 63/37;
- The main components of the solder paste are divided into two major parts of tin powder and flux.
- The main role of flux in welding is to remove oxides, destroy the surface tension of molten tin, and prevent reoxidation.
- The ratio of the volume of tin powder particles and Flux (flux) in the solder paste is about 1:1, and the weight ratio is about 9:1;
- The principle of access to warehouse materials is first-in-first-out;
- When the paste is used in Kaifeng, it must go through two important processes to warm and stir;
- The common production methods for steel plates are: etching, laser, electroforming, etc.;
- The full name of SMT is Surface mount (or mounting) technology, which means surface mount technology.